The First Day - Clearing the Cranium!

As I arrived at work today, I was gutted at the fact the place had not been flooded over the weekend, or some other such atrocity that meant we wouldn't have to work!

Coming back to my senses, I have decided to not treat work as the main even in my day.
Yes, it does take up eight whole hours, however, today, I did not speak unless I was spoken to and kept conversations strictly work related.

The results of this?

1. My colleagues consistently asking me ''What was wrong''.
I smiled at them and advised that I was fine and just keeping my head down.
This seemed to appease their inquisitive natures.

2. My day went S-L-O-W-L-Y.
I got agitated and couldn't stop peering at the clock.
It was fine, I will just need to train myself mentally to see work in this way.

3. I didn't treat 5pm as ''downtime''.
I was fully ready to go to the gym and use that as relaxation.
This is going to be a work in progress but, I'm taking each day as it comes.

This new way of treating work has been spurned in part by my recent quest to clear my mind and how I manage my life and it's events, but also by things that have been happening at work. I work for a non profit organisation, which means we're all paid a pittance and expected to know loads and loads so our company can get the most bang for their buck in relation to it's staff.

The issue with this is, we're all so utterly bored with the mundanity and repetitiveness of day to day tasks. We have a really great team and we get on like house on fire in my department, however, our manager is overworked and overpaid, so we in turn are under managed. None of us never know what we're doing and some people on the team are getting away with murder whilst we all bust our butts taking calls, answering emails and providing front line support.

It is very easy to get frustrated with people and this is basically what happened last week and a meeting was called where our manager basically sugar coated their ineptitude and spoke all over us in front of their boss to avoid the truth coming out.

So, I have decided, I will not longer be partaking in any buffoonery.

No more conversations, laughter or fun. I'll speak if spoken to, agree with everything presented to me
and not offer any solutions or suggestions that have been fed back to the team and I about what our clients tell us they want.

I am not being rude or dismissive to anybody, as I have said, I like the people on my team but I am remaining neutral with everything now.



It is nothing personal, I am just trying to make my reactions to specific situation more positively beneficial to myself. it is too emotionally taxing to give a crap further than my remuneration requires. I am already there 8 hours per day, for a monthly fee, that's all they are paying for, so they shall get nothing more from me.

''You work b***hes can't even spell Work Life Balance'':



Today, I am tired but not drained, I think this is in large part to my new found perception of my place of work.

Nutrition-wise, I'm sitting at 2000 calories consumed and am starving, but that is due to my macro nutrients being shitty. Had I consumed more Protein today and less Carbs, I would have been feeling a little fuller right now.

I have a gym session at 11pm planned, I would have went straight after work, however, I had a Doctor's appointment scheduled at the last minute (cheeky cancellation!) and basically told my GP how shit I have been feeling and he has prescribed me some Orlistat!



I'm in two minds whether to take it but I have researched it baaaaaaaaaaaaaack in the day (like, 5 years ago lol) and the general feel was that lazy, obese people took it who did not want to actually make any nutritional changes and thought they could scarf takeaways, doughnuts and crap, pop a pill, shit their intestines out and then bemoan the fact they'd lost no weight!

I said to him, that I would give it a miss for now, bust my arse in the gym and eat well for 8 weeks and see what's next depending on my weight.

I will upload some ''Starting Weight'' photo's tomorrow.......



All in all, an alright day.






Comments

Popular Posts